8.03.2013

Real Talk.



I hope everyone is doing great today, I was contacted by Jorny from Besthairbuy.com and this proved to be a chance for me to get a little more intimate and personal with you guys. I have been getting quite A LOT of questions about my hair, I don’t talk about it a lot because I just don’t see the importance but it seems like a fun little topic and I decided to share my two cents with you guys.
First of all I do consider myself as an artist, (cough-cough-cough) I have always enjoyed the versatility of something as simple as hair, it’s a chance to change your entire look by doing something as simple as coloring, braiding, putting on a wig or even cutting it. When I first started my blog it was truly an outlet for me to express myself, and this included my hairstyle, I have always been a fan of big curly crazy hair, (blame that on “Diana Ross” a.k.a “my second mother”) it seemed like big untamed manes always demanded a magnitude of presence, hence my slight obsession.
And just like “my second mother”…my big curly lifelike hair is a wig, and no I am not bald underneath it all (I knew you were thinking that, not that anything is wrong with being bald), but my curly hair had become a character as well as I had and I just couldn’t let it go, it became quite a partner and a known presence on here. Some people do feel a little uncomfortable addressing this topic of wearing wigs or fake hair but saying those three little words “it’s a wig!” is actually quite liberating…(to me at least).
We woman *cough* already have complexes about ourselves (we are our own worst critic)…always comparing ourselves to every single thing, dead or alive, animate or inanimate, we have created this invisible animosity and jealousy amongst ourselves and we crave it as much as we dish it…(you get the point).
So why did I decide to spread the news of my big curly WIG? , well it’s simply because I don’t want to be responsible for creating another complex for any woman. I don’t want you to log unto my blog beating yourself up for not having “that big genetically growing hair like mine” (lol)…you can go out and buy it just like I went out and bought mine. I want you to derive comfort in the fact that my mane is not priceless...it is store bought. Ladies, I just want yall to wear your hair however the fuck you want and please do that unapologetically.
And to my beautiful lovely subscribers, always remember …
“Who gives a shit at the end of the day?!”
Besthairbuy.com provides good beauty hair extensions on retail or wholesale.

Check it out here


35 comments:

  1. Wow, really good post. That's nice you write about this, I didn't know the hair aren't 'yours', cause they totally suits you. :) I had also considered buying a wig once but finally I didn't found anything that suits me. I'll check on the site you bought yours, maybe this time I'll find a perfect one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice. I was so envious about your hair, mainly cos it is so freaking amazing and suits your style!!
    :)
    ~ I have a flower crown giveaway happening on my blog if you want to check it out:
    http://aliceinreaderland.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/grumpy-cat.png?w=250&h=200&crop=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post!! If people wear makeup, buy clothes and accessories to embellish themselves, what is the difference between all this and buy wigs/extensions (hair)??? What matters is to feel good with ourselves and being happy with the way we look :)
    BTW, stunningly beautiful photo!! You have a great blog! I'd love if you checked out my blog, and if you like it, can we follow each other on “GFC” (blog followers), and bloglovin? I promise I’ll follow you back <3

    x❤x❤

    "Saúde & Beleza - Health & Beauty"





    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post. I've always loved your hair and I think that wearing a wig is no different than getting a perm or straightening your hair or coloring your hair. We all alter our appearance in some way. I think you're pretty brave for putting that out there. :D

    Also, that is a stunning picture of you.

    love,
    a

    www.missdecaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic, you are really an artist ! I like your style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you like it, no matter what other people say! You look beautiful!

    funkyjoleisa.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tu estilo es único, muchas personas intentan copiar o querer parecerse en el look a otras y muchas veces resulta imposible.
    Cada uno debe buscar su propio estilo, excelente entrada!
    te dejo una brazo.
    *´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` Buen fin de Semana, con todo cariño!

    http://perfumederosas-cristina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this post!!!!congrats!!!!! ;)

    Thanks for reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have awesome hair girl. Never heard of them, but i'll check it out

    ~Sherine
    Confessions Of A City Girl / Enerjiee

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is an amazing post! You look stunning, my dear and never doubt it ;) wearing a wig doesn't make any difference ;)

    xoxo


    http://thestylemaze.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. you are so beautiful! and also your "hair"! i love them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! Nice little speech :)!!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. amazing article!:) the whole fashion industry should have the same attitude as you do!♥ they profit from this crazy competition among girls. They create a world of illusion without admitting it. I worked as a model and I was quite shocked when I saw 13years old girls doing commercials for anti-aging products:/ I really appreciate your honesty and I adore the wig!♥ it looks amazing in photos and it gives a new dimension to your outfits!:)♥

    www.lorietta.cz


    ReplyDelete
  14. Me ha resultado muy divertido que hayas admitido, que ese gran pelo es una peluca. Vivan las pelucas !!!!!
    Besos
    Esperanza

    22carla1990NancyBarbieNenuco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, so beautiful post. I love the way you've written. And that photo is gorgeous also!

    caughtinvogue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorei sua coroa de flores! Que lindo seu hair!

    ReplyDelete
  17. nice ;))

    http://thefashionprincessblog.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  18. So happy you commented on my blog. I loved reading this post and to be honest, I really did not think one minute that this was a wig. You look absolutely stunning and it really suits you ! I feel like wigs or hair extensions are the best worn as long as we feel great and confident in them. Love the curls !!
    I'm following you via GFC :-) x

    http://colorfullightning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh wow! the wigs looks amazing, this hairstyle suits you very very well!

    xx Jo Betty
    http://www.jobettyb.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  20. You always have the most beautiful pictures! *_*

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE IT! SO INSPIRING, YOUR BLOG HAS ALWAYS BEEN ONE OF MY FAVOURITES! XX

    www.shade1mangos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I´m impressed, because I always thought that this is your hair! I looks so great <3

    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  23. I never would have thought it was a wig. I think it's great that you are not too shy to tell us it's a wig. Real or not, you look fantastic with your big curly do :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would have never thought it was a wig, it looks so natural! That picture is stunning, breathtaking!

    anasofiachic.blogspot.co.uk
    X

    ReplyDelete
  25. It suits you perfect, would never thought it wasnt yours. Great style you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I remembered that I really liked your hair and it was the first thing that grabbed my attention and even wanting to make an illustration of you if you like.
    I have a black friend too that wears a wig her whole life and I could never have guessed, just like yours...
    I am actually motivated to use a wig if I find the right style...=) There's nothing wrong, hey, we are a stylish people and we can only think of creativity and beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your dope as shit regardless! *Grabbing keys to go to the beauty supply store* Love it

    *Besos*
    Http://www.cmichellestyles.com
    Instagram: Cmichellestyles

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful hair !!!
    Visit my blog http://lejdisfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete